Customers expect your business to have a domain name and a website. An email address like firstname.lastname@example.org tells people you’re serious about your business.
Free email services, such as Gmail and Yahoo, are great for personal use, but when you use a free email account for business purposes, people will start to doubt your professionalism and credibility.
There are many more ADVANTAGES to owning a domain name than not having one.
- It is a powerful marketing tool to help you to standout against your competitors.
- It adds credibility to your brand and website. It tells people you’re serious about your business
- It means you’re probably indexed and listed in the major search engines where people are looking for you and can find you. Greater exposure than to not having one.
- It allows you to house all of your social media accounts under one roof.
- It helps with our creative thought process and inspires us into new unchartered waters. Every popular website today started from scratch but never lacked inspiration and eventually a clear path to one’s goals.
This list goes on and on.
The DISADVANTAGES might be the following
- First thing is the cost that you need to pay yearly for that domain name!
No matter how authentic your content is, the reliability of the article cannot be guaranteed if it is stopped updating. The publishers need to make sure that each article is updated regularly so that new changes are made. In addition to that, it is recommended to have a ”Disclaimer” page which contains information related to your website reliability.
The internet can be used as a tool for spamming. Spamming can be done through both comments and emails. If your website is filled with spam comments, it could negatively impact on the search engine rankings. Similarly, if your email address is connected to your website, the could also receive spam mails.
- Bad Reviews
If customer encounters any bad experience in your website, he/she may write bad reviews about your business. Either in their own site or public forums. People who are new and willing to business transactions can actually stop processing if they see such reviews. Eventually, this can effect your business reputation.
- Technical Problems
Similar to other types of websites, a business website too has the tendency to experience downtimes. Any business website that crashes has the potential to take business opportunities away from the company. The customer visiting your website might get annoyed by constant crashes and unavailability. This kind of technical problems also negatively impact on the search engine rankings.
Taking Advantage of a Business Domain
As you can see, the advantages of a business domain far outweigh the disadvantages. The potential for business exposure, advertising and increased sales should be too good for any business to pass up.
Get your business online today with the perfect domain at https://domains.fargeek.com
Or you can book a discussion with our SaaSy Geek RANDY BURGOYNE to know more about domains!